October 28, 2009

Beginning

I'm a wannabe writer because I haven't been published, have not succeeded in sticking to a schedule of writing, and am not sure that this is what I want to do as a career, should it even be possible.

These are also my fears, so feel free to terrorize me with them as you please.

Nanowrimo is short for National Novel Writing Month, more commonly known as November. I'll post a link to it

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/520050

here. There. It's actually to my account, but fuck it. I'm sure you can find your way around.

So I want to write, and this is my ticket into self-deception. I have to write, or I fail as a writer. Low stakes, except I really want to be a writer (in the same way a kid really wants a fucking skateboard this year, come on, and oh, shoes again, THANK you). The blog is for me, no lie. If newbie writers don't get noticed I can't imagine the levels you'd have to sink to for a newbie writer's blog. It's about fear, hope, me, my pappy, acne, work, bullshit, friends, and Ohio, that haven of the criminally insane. I'll be posting how much writing sucks; how awesome writing is; how I feel; how it affects and effects my life; and excerpts from the fifty thousand word novel.

Finally, the novel is about the Civil War. And Zombies! Here:

Union and Confederate soldiers alike lay down their lives for their respective Cause and Country... and then get back up again! As the dead rise from shallow graves still wearing the Blue and the Gray, an unlikely partnership forms in the two top Generals: Grant and Lee. As the world descends, and seems unlikely to ever return, from madness, only one question remains: Where is Zombie Lincoln?

If you can't tell I'm a horrible person, consider yourself now informed.

Late facts: Updates are once a week, probably on Friday or Saturday. They'll probably be a bit long, and unless you've got a hard-on for writing, bullshit, or nerditry, these aren't the droids you're looking for. Blogs begin the First!

No comments:

Post a Comment